RYA First Aid
The RYA First Aid course offered at LOSSC provides a thorough grounding in first aid techniques, with particular reference to small boats.
- * the recovery position in a confined space
- * CPR including the drowning protocol
- * cold shock and hypothermia from immersion or exposure
- * seasickness and dehydration
- * medical assistance or advice via VHF
- * helicopter rescue
This one-day course is relevant to anyone wanting a practical working knowledge of first aid at sea. It is particularly useful for instructors as a valid First Aid Certificate is a requirement for all instructor courses and commercial endorsements. It will also be useful for anyone sailing yachts, as both the Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster Offshore examinations also require a valid First Aid Certificate.
Existing First Aid certificate holders need to regularly re-validate their certificates.
This course is open to any club member.
Last updated 09:25 on 11 April 2022