Published 18:36 on 2 Jul 2020
The signal station bar will be opening Saturday 4th July at lunch time. It has been a long time since we have been able to meet our friends and it will be good to catch up. The Signal Station is going to look very different and this will only work with the co-operation and common sense of those that use the facility.
The Process in Summary
1. Sanitising handwash is available at the entrance. If you do not sanitise your hands you will not be allowed in the signal station
2. You must record your name, time of arrival and time of departure in the register beside the sanitiser. Please bring your own pen. As per Government guidelines this will be kept for 21 days as part of the Test and Trace system. If someone is found to be COVID 19 positive we can contact those that were at the signal station at the same time.
3. You can then order at the bar. Pay via the card machine. Take your drinks to your seat.
1. We will not be running a booking system. We can review the options for bookings in the future.
2. We do not have the technology for table service. The card machine at the bar will not stretch to tables. Two handheld devices have been ordered and when these arrive we can review the table service option.
3. Plastic screens have been put up at the bar to protect our bar staff.
4. Signage and arrows are in place to help guide you through the process. There is only space for 4 people to queue inside.
5. The Signal station is being cleaned regularly including the toilets. Bar staff will be cleaning their hands and high contact areas regularly during their shift
6. Payment is by credit card or phone (if your phone is set up to do so). Please authorise without putting in a pin number if your card allows. We will not allow cash sales.
7. We have plastic glasses if you prefer, please ask the bar staff when you order. Do not return your glasses or bottles to the bar. A tray will be provided for you to put glasses, cans and bottles in by the galley and at the entrance.
8. No drinks are to be taken off the compound. This is not within our licence and in doing so could affect the new licence we are currently applying for in the new Club House.
9. Due to Government Restrictions on clubs only members can use the bar, and the seating area in and outside of the Signal Station.
10. Vertical drinking is not allowed. If you have a drink you must drink it sat down. Chairs have been set out in the club house to enable social distancing. You are allowed to drink outside too. I will put up signs of how many and who can sit together, as a reminder.
11. Toilets will continue to operate as 1 in 1 out system.
12. Teas and coffees are not available at this moment.
13. If the signal station is busy and social distancing is not possible do not stay. Be thoughtful of your fellow members, if you have been there for a long time and it is getting busy perhaps you could leave to make space for someone else?
14. If you have any comments please add them to the book at the bar. Anne Hall, RC House, will read them regularly and contact you if necessary.
15. This is everyone's club. Please do not leave the policing of this down to the bar staff or Management Committee. If you feel uncomfortable addressing any issues let Anne Hall know, her number is at the bar.
16. If we cannot safely open the bar we may have to close it again.
17. We have done our best in a difficult environment.
Please help us to help you enjoy the club safely.
Last updated 18:37 on 2 July 2020